Design to“SELL” - philosophy and practice of a real estate marketing
· Focused on marketing the property to target buyers to enhance real estate sales.
· Emphasizes the architecture and attributes of the property, not the owner's tastes or preferences.
· A temporary design created for the purpose of selling the property; often performed quickly or under time constraints.
· Uses design principles, knowledge of buyer preferences and marketing techniques to achieve the best product for the market.
· Also known as: Real Estate/Home Showcasing or Enhancement, Real Estate Staging ,Home Sale Preparation, House Staging, Interior Styling, Home Merchandising.
Benefits of Designing to “Sell”
A common misconception is that Designing to "SELL" is simply decorating your home.
Decorating is very personal and suits your individual taste, while staging is done to create broad appeal. Staging is not as simple as adding some flowers and turning on lights. A professional uses “buyer’s eyes” to make your home attractive to a larger market. A potential buyer is more likely to make an offer on a home that they can envision themselves living in. Staging makes your home memorable and attractive to a larger percentage of buyers, giving your home the upper hand in the market.
Preparing a home for its best presentation has been prove that
designed to “Sell” homes sell faster and for more money.
A professional will always consider your target market and their emotional needs. First-time buyers want shelter and security, while move-up buyers desire prestige and peace. Encourage a prospective buyer's desired emotions happiness, joy, serenity, and security. Putting a little extra effort into the marketing your home will pay off. It can cost as little as $500 to spruce up a home.
“In today’s sluggish housing market, homeowners shouldn’t even consider putting their home on the market
without hiring a professional to give their house the “wow” factor”.